When I was procrastinating over the shift dress I was planning, I needed a quick and easy make for distraction. I made up a long sleeved Sewaholic Renfrew with the cowl neck. Back in the Autumn I’d made this version for the first time using black wool jersey.
I’m always on the lookout for good quality single jersey in knitted stripes – yarn dyed rather than printed. This fabric is 95% viscose 5% elastane. I had seen similar fabric on e-Bay but wasn’t sure what to expect as I usually go for cotton single jersey. When I saw this fabric in Leon’s in Chorlton for £4.99 a metre I thought I’d give it a go. It has a lovely slightly slinky hand feel and sews up just fine. I cut this top out one evening then stitched it up the next.
I used the 4 thread overlocker for everything except for stitching in the clear elastic at the shoulder seams and the zig-zag top stitching around the cowl neck.
As with the other times I’ve used the cowl neck pattern, I cut the whole cowl in one piece without the seam at the fold line.
There’s not too much to say about this top except that in the few weeks since it’s been made I’ve probably worn it the most out any other garment. It goes really well with the dark red ponte skirt I made last November. When I finished that skirt I wasn’t quite sure about it but that has also had so much wear but the cheap quality of the fabric is beginning to show and it’s looking quite bobbly.
March is going to be spent working on jeans. I’m getting into the Craftsy Jeanius course and the pattern has been made and toile sewn up. So far so good, and the denim arrived today and has already had a pre-wash. Let’s hope I can keep up the enthusiasm.